“Rather than beat the odds, let’s get to changing those odds.”
As an equity advocate, Angela provides workshops, presentations, and other resources to organizations, including shelters, schools, libraries, and other nonprofits.
Development Series on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: From Recognizing to Privilege and Implicit Biases to Practices for Antiracism
Radical Self-Care: Managing Stress in an Era of Overwork
College Access and Financial Aid Workshops for High School Students
Understanding Homelessness for Educators and Nonprofit Professionals
Coping with Homelessness for Youth Experiencing Homelessness
Understanding Homelessness for Housed Kids and Youth (K-12)
Creative Writing for grades 8-12 and adults 18+
Organizations Angela has worked with include:
- Southern California Leadership Network
- DuPage Pads
- Reading Partners Los Angeles
- United Way Greater Los Angeles
- University of Southern California, Sol Price School of Public Policy
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Orange County
- School on Wheels, Inc.
- Glendale Unified School District
- LA on Cloud 9
- Los Angeles Youth Network
- UCLA Scholarship Resource Center
- Upward Bound Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Public Library Student SMART Seminar
For booking or general inquiries, please reach out here.